[imp] User Transparent Virtual Domains

Gustavo Verduzco Vazquez gustavo@isp.co.cr
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 19:11:50 -0600

Hi!

I need help from someone who can guide me on how to set up virtual domains
on IMP.

What I want to do is to set up a website like http://mail.domain1.com for
each of the domains that I host... that website is in fact an alias of the
main IMP installation directory http://mail.basedomain.com.

I don't want the users to select their mail domain from the drop down menu,
I would like to try the imp_get_vinfo method or the 'preferred' method
explained in the servers.php file but I just can't make it work.

The idea then is that if I have a mail address like user@domain1.com and
that user wants to check his mail via web, he just goes to
http://mail.domain1.com and from there he just needs to type his username
and his password to log in to his mailbox.

When I tried to set up the imp_get_vinfo function using the 'vdomain'
method and $conf['server']['server_list'] = 'none'; I saw that right to the
username field was @domain1.com, but when I logged on I got a Warning error
telling me:

Warning: fopen("/var/log/horde.log", "a") - Permission denied in
/usr/share/pear/Log/file.php on line 48

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /usr/share/pear/Log/file.php:48) in
/var/www/horde/imp/redirect.php on line 87

Can anybody PLEASE help me out with this. I'll be eternally grateful!

Regards,

Gustavo
Hi!<br><br>
I need help from someone who can guide me on how to set up virtual
domains on IMP.<br><br>
What I want to do is to set up a website like
I don't want the users to select their mail domain from the drop down menu, I would like to try the imp_get_vinfo method or the 'preferred' method explained in the servers.php file but I just can't make it work.<br><br>
When I tried to set up the imp_get_vinfo function using the 'vdomain' method and $conf['server']['server_list'] = 'none'; I saw that right to the username field was @domain1.com, but when I logged on I got a Warning error telling me: <br><br>
Regards,<br><br>
Gustavo </html>