[imp] login problems imap only

Syahrul Sazli Shaharir sazli@myjaring.net
Sun Nov 3 14:46:37 PST 2002

Memetik/Petikan Thad Marsh <thad@marshtek.com>:

> Thanks Syahrul
>
> Maybe you missed something my IMAP installation is fine as i can
> connect to it using a email client, Outlook.  also although i did not
> metion this specifically my imp and IMAP server are one in the same.

I meant the IMAP _connection_ between your IMP server and IMAP server
needs some
double checking. I assume your Outlook is on another machine.

> That is what leades me to believe that there is a problem with IMP.
> Just to confirm that imap is working here is the telnet:
> * OK Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2002 Double Precision, Inc.  See
COPY$
>  for distribution information.

Since you say that your server is one and the same, did you try the telnet
command _locally_ on that server? (telnet localhost 143). If OK then try
put localhost
in your servers.php and see if it works.

As somebody else suggested, next thing to do is to find another known
working IMAP
server (if any), do a telnet server 143 from your IMP machine, if succeed,
do the
test.php on that server. If problem persists, you probably need to double
check your PHP+IMAP setup.

--sazli
cd /open/source; make world
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x06D4113E
Key fingerprint = 0776 CC02 2C3F C0FF 7312  0C3E 0593 AF64 06D4 113E