[imp] RFC, 1000 chars and To field

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Wed Dec 4 23:07:00 2002

| Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu>:
|
| > Horde/IMP use the PEAR SMTP mail/socket libraries to send mail via
| SMTP.
| > You might want to pass this information along to the maintainer of the
| > package (who, on quick glance, appears to be Chuck.  Chuck, any
| thoughts
| > on this?)
|
| Having read the rest of this thread, I'm unclear what if anything we
| should
| change in the SMTP package?

Wasn't sure about the RFC requirement of 1000 characters or less in a SMTP
RCPT TO: request.  Didn't look at the code in great depth, but it didn't
look like there was any checking for this.  But now it also appears that
this may not be an exact requirement, so whatever.  It doesn't personally
affect me so I don't care one way or the other :)

michael