[imp] load balancing

Brian Clark bclark at protocolusa.com
Thu Dec 5 18:35:13 2002

We use BigIP from F5 to load balance our mail (smtp, pop, imap, ldap)
traffic amongst three servers. We've got two of them that work in a
fail-over configuration. If the primary fails, the secondary takes over
for it.
http://www.f5.com/f5products/bigip/

However, I haven't figured out the best way load balance an IMP
installation. I use LDAP to store all of my user information, and all of
my user mailboxes are stored on an NFS server. How do I store _all_ of
the user-specific configuration information for IMP in an LDAP
directory?  Also, for true redundancy, would I need to install a
database on each of my Horde/IMP servers? I use PostgreSQL for the one
server that I have running IMP right now.

Brian!

--
Brian Clark
Vice President, Corporate Technology