[imp] Re: [horde] IMP Login Problem : Couldn't open stream

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Jan 21 11:52:55 PST 2003

Quoting EFETEPE MANAGER <efetepe at efetepe.com>:

> Hi again,
>
> I have a problem with IMP Login, When I try login the following error occur:
>
>     server="localhost" user="the_user_name" mailbox="{localhost:143}INBOX"
>     Warning: Couldn't open stream {localhost:143}INBOX in
> /wwwroot/horde/imp/test.php on line 166
>     Warning: imap_mailboxmsginfo(): supplied argument is not a valid imap
> resource in /wwwroot/horde/imp/test.php on line 169
>     INBOX has messages ( new recent)
>     Warning: imap_close(): supplied argument is not a valid imap resource in
> /wwwroot/horde/imp/test.php on line 171

What settings are you using in horde/imp/config/servers.php if you are using
IMP for authentication, and if not, what kind of authentication are you using
for Horde and IMP?

> I have change the test.php file and I have try connect without parameters
> writing de corrects values in the imap connection function and all It was
> useless. I need help to help it !!!

What parameters did you try?

> I can connect to IMAP server whit other methods, telnet IP_SERVER 143, with
> other WebMail services with my server values and I have connect from remote
> machine using OutLook Express with IMAP Account !!!!

That's a good sign.

> I think that it's possible connect usgin OutLook Express I'll can connect
> using IMP without problem, or not ?

Outlook express and IMP are unrelated as far as login success goes.

PHP will try logins using the most secure method available.  Your telnet
no doubt (if it was really telnet) used a plain text connection and a
plain text password (the least secure).  So they can't be compared.

How are you trying to connect (ssl/tls, what port, what kind of password
authentication mechanisms -- plain, cram-md5, certificate, apop, etc).

What is in your log files?

You haven't provided enough information to help.  (Only to guess, which
actually works most of the time)

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics