[imp] whitelist patch...

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Feb 26 11:37:58 PST 2003

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu>:

> Quoting Amith Varghese <amith at xalan.com>:
>
> | Here is a patch against CVS HEAD that integrates whitelist
> functionality
> | within
> | IMP using Sam (SpamAssassin Module).  The patch uses the
> | registry->hasMethod
> | calls to determine whether or not to show the link within IMP.  Please
> | let me
> | know if there are any questions.
>
> This is probably better accomplished by creating a 'sam' module for the
> IMP_Filter:: library.

I see no need for creating a sam module if the necessary modules are already
available through the registry. Creating a 'registry' or 'application'
module for the Filter backend makes more sense to me.

OTOH this patch mostly adds the UI for having whitelist capabilities at all
and using it through registry methods like we already do with blacklists
sound much cleaner and less overhead than implementing a while Filter driver.

Jan.