[imp] can't open stream imap

Brent J. Nordquist bjn at horde.org
Sat Mar 8 12:55:06 PST 2003

A quick clarification here:

On 5 Mar 2003, Greg <gsml at netops.gvtc.com> wrote:

> When I went to go do this upgrade I noticed the php-4.2.3 upgrades from
> horde and did those just before trying the change. Then I re-installed
> pear-4.1.0.
> [...]
> php-4.2.3-0horde1
> php-mysql-4.2.3-0horde1
> php-ldap-4.2.3-0horde1
> php-imap-4.2.3-0horde1
> [...]
> and pear4.1.0

I take it by "PEAR 4.1.0" you mean the PEAR bundled with PHP 4.1.0?  Note
that PEAR has its own numbering system, but anyway:

The Horde-custom PHP 4.2.3-0horde1 RPMs have a bundled version of PEAR
1.0.1 -- it's the same tarball that we make available on the Horde FTP
site (and the Horde PEAR page), and when using it, horde/test.php gives
you all green OK's in the PEAR section.  pear-1.0.1.tar.gz is what we are
recommending people use as the "most current version", having some
capabilities that Horde and the apps require.  So by installing 4.1.0 you
were actually downgrading PEAR from what the RPM was giving you.

I've changed the SPEC file for the RPM so that the next time I build it,
"rpm -i" will note that PEAR 1.0.1 is included; hopefully that will avoid
this confusion.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn at horde.org> N0BJN
Other contact information: http://www.nordist.net/contact.html