IMP filters going away? (was [imp] What is "Nuke message" meaning ?)

Rob Brandt bronto at csd-bes.net
Mon Apr 21 21:40:53 PDT 2003

OK, I agree this is a great move.

While on the topic of filtering, I would like to say that I wish the filtering
was more agressive.  Maybe you've considered that already for Ingo, maybe not.
What I mean is, that currently messages are only filtered when you are viewing
the content of the Inbox.  Filtering does not occur when you are viewing the
folders list, or when you are in the Horde summary, or when you are viewing a
mailbox other than the Inbox.

It would be nice if the client side filtering did this.  I know that presents a
problem of where the code reside.  To me, the Horde navigation bar seems to be
the natural location for refresh items like this.  Don't know if this is built
in to horde as a module option or not.  It would be nice.  IMHO, this is the
only feature where Squirrelmail is better than Horde/IMP (and there are *lots*
of things where Horde/IMP is better than squirrelmail).  Squirrelmail has a
navigation bar that contain the refresh code, and filtering takes place
whereever you may be.

Rob