[imp] compose and utf8 addresses from turba, bug?

Barbara Nydell barbara at ngb.se
Wed May 21 08:06:30 PDT 2003

On Fri, 16 May 2003, Barbara Nydell wrote:

> when going to the imp compose window from turba, by
> clicking on an email address in an ldap (utf8) address
> book, the compose script fails to split the get string
> into To: Cc: etc parts IF the email address contains
> non-ascii characters.
>
> This only happens when the name contains non-ascii
> (in my case, scandinavian) characters.
>
> There is no problem with extracting individual
> addresses from the addressbook when you already have
> the compose window open, which leads me to believe
> there is something wrong with the split-function of
> the get-string.

hello again,

Sorry, this was not an imp or turba problem. It seems
to be a problem with the JavaScript interpreter in the
Mozilla browser. Most browsers are OK but in my case
Mozilla 1.2.1 JavaScript interpreter refused to
process encoded non-ascii chars %80-%ff.

I guess that some other problems mentioned
on this mailing list concerning non-ascii
characters in imp may have same explanation.