[imp] RE: IMP and port forwarding port stripped

Delmer Wells (E-mail) delmerw at vanner.com
Fri May 30 05:36:00 PDT 2003

I installed IMP 3.0 last week.  It came as part of E-Smith's SME Server.
Everything works fairly well, but I have a problem that affects people
trying to access Webmail outside the firewall.

Users access webmail by going to https://x.x.x.x:1080 this takes them to a
web page with a link to Access Webmail.  Clicking the link takes them to
https://x.x.x.x:1080/horde/imp/login.php where they can log in.  Following a
successful login they *appear* to get stuck at
https://x.x.x.x:1080/horde/imp/redirect.php (sometimes there is a string of
numbers after the redirect.php). If they type mailbox.php over redirect.php
(and the numbers if needed) they get access to their mailbox.  It works, but
it is an ugly way of doing this.

After hours of piddling -- and a bit of luck after I hit the BACK button on
my browser -- I found that after login, redirect.php tries to send users to
https://x.x.x.x/horde/imp/mailbox.php.  The port that I've forwarded to is
stripped out.

I've played around with the redirect.php file and believe I've narrowed the
problem down to a few lines in the createsession portion of the file, but
I'm stuck and am running out of play time tonight.

I've looked UseNet for an answer but have come up dry.

Is there a way to keep the port number from getting stripped?  Or,
alternately, after a successful login, having the users get shot out to
http://x.x.x.x:1080 (another link there takes them to their mailbox after a
login).

Thanks.