[imp] Problem with attachments - recipient cannot read attachements

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Jun 4 13:21:28 PDT 2003

Quoting Kim Hoffman <khoffman at uwo.ca>:

> I have upgraded from
>
> redhat  7        8          9
> horde   2.1      2.1.3      2.2.3-1
> imp     3.1      3.1.2      3.2.1
> turba   1.1      1.1-2      1.2-1
> apache  1.3.23   2.0.40-8   2.0.40-21
> php     4.1.2    4.2.2      4.2.2-17
>
> I have no difficulties with attachements in Redhat 7 but
> with Redhat 8 and Redhat 9 I have two problems with
> attachments.
>
> - whenever I attached more than one file it would
>   show that it had attached 2 copies of the first
>   file and 1 copy of the second.  On receving the
>   message, the user does only see two files attached.

Sounds like maybe caused by (from horde/docs/INSTALL):

   a. PHP interpretation for files matching "*.php"

         AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

   Note: The above instructions may not work if you have specified
         PHP as an output filter with SetOutputFilter directive
         in Apache 2.x versions.  In particular, RedHat 8.0 Apache 2.x
         RPMS have the output filter set, and MUST NOT have the above
         AddType directive added.

If your apache config has the above AddType, and your /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf
has the SetOutputFilter, then that is your problem.

> - however, if the file is a Microsoft Word or Excel
>   file (did not try the other Microsoft products
>   like PowerPoint) the user cannot open the attached
>   file in Word or Excel.

While you're looking in /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf check the size limit of
LimitRequestBody (512K by default) and raise it something more reasonable.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!