[imp] Help with attachments

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Jun 9 08:35:49 PDT 2003

Quoting "Roger B.A. Klorese" <rogerk at queernet.org>:

> >If you are using a CVS HEAD not updated for several weeks, the common
> >advice is to update to current and try again.  Make sure you update both
> >IMP and Horde.
>
> I wasted several days doing this last time on Jan Schneider's say-so.
> On comletion, nothing else had changed.

Sorry to hear that.

> Should I update every day just in case the phase of the moon has done
> something to it?

If you are using CVS HEAD, then yes.

> Seriously, what's the point?

It sounds like maybe you shouldn't be using CVS HEAD if you don't know
what the point is.

> You're speaking pig latin to me.  I have no idea how to "check what is
> returned" or "dump it to output" -- does one need to be a programmer to
> use this software?

If you are using CVS HEAD, then you should probably have at least rudementary
programming skills.  If you don't have such skills, then you should be using
a release version of the CVS RELENG branch.

The basic idea is to edit the file

/var/www/html/horde-20030527/horde/lib/MIME/Part.php

and go to, say line 1061 and insert something like

        var_dump($this->getContents());

Hopefully that will print out to your screen or your error logs (depending
on how you have your logging configured) the stucture and contents of the
message in question.  Then you can provide us with that information (perhaps
edited if there is any sensitive info in it).

The other thing you might try, if you have not already, is just nuking it
all and re-installing it all from scratch.  Sometimes that helps.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!