[imp] A couple of gotchas with the latest Horde/IMP

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Jun 13 09:25:52 PDT 2003

Quoting chris albert <christopher.albert at mcgill.ca>:

> 1. horde/test.php claims the pear version is not the latest. This causes

I assume it really says it isn't recent enough???

> a bug in that the latest pear version of Log.php makes it impossible to
> write to a horde log file.

I think this bug was fixed in cvs, and should be fixed in the next release
but I'm not 100% sure about that.  But that does you little good I know...

> Since the php_horde rpm installs the broken pear you need to move that

I *think* it is really Horde that is broken, not PEAR...  (It just so
happens the broken Horde works with older PEAR versions, I think).

> 2.  Set up Horde to use IMP to login to am imap server. Log in and get a
> Horde::MySummary page "Welcome,USERNAME" page that is otherwise blank
> except for a  logout button to the right and horde and logout buttons at
> the bottom.

Never saw that.  I've always had the mail link on the Summary Page.
What url are you using, and does that point at IMP or Horde?

> It is necessary to use the back browser button to get to the Mail::INBOX
> page, which is confusing for users.

Confusing for me to.  Not sure how you could go from the initial page back
to anything but the login page...

> The fix is to set 'initial_page' => 'imp/' in horde/config/registry.php

Where in registry.php?  And why not set the initial_application preference
instead?  And I don't know why/how this would be needed anyway.

Please let us know what your document root is, what url you use, and if
it points at Horde or IMP...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics