Fwd: Re: [imp] Problems with IMP and login into it.

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Jun 17 06:30:44 PDT 2003

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von nikolajus at avc.lt -----
    Datum: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 16:27:02 +0300
    Von: Nikolajus Krauklis <nikolajus at avc.lt>
Antwort an: Nikolajus Krauklis <nikolajus at avc.lt>
 Betreff: Re: [imp] Problems with IMP and login into it.
      An: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>

> One look at horde/test.php or docs/INSTALL or the mailing list archive had
> clearly showed you that you need IMAP support in PHP to run IMP.

not so clearly. for example horde/test.php is saying:
---
Ctype Support: Yes
DOM XML Support: No
FTP Support: No
Gettext Support: Yes
Iconv Support: No
IMAP Support: No
LDAP Support: No
Mbstring Support: No
---
as you see there is many red No (words), but not all of this extensions are
required. Because
i know what from php you can interact with pop3 with sockets, i decided what
if i want to
use imp only for pop3, i'm not required IMAP support.

ok, let's look that is saying horde/imp/test.php
---
IMAP Support: No
IMP requires the imap module to interact with the mail server.
---
as i understood, this sentence is saying what IMAP support is needed to
interact with IMAP server!
so i decided do not make attention to this red words....

ok, after what i'm checking /tmp/horde.log - it's empty associated about IMP
"blank page",
cheking apache error  log - where is only lines about "can't find turba,
nmemo, chora" directories, and
no words about horde IMP.

everything is with error_reporting(E_ALL) and /tmp/horde.log is in DEBUG
mode. with my php configuration
is everything fine, and i still have blank page.

ok, sorry for my meaningless letters to this conference, at this moment i'm
a little bit dissapointed.

thanks a lot,
Nikolajus Krauklis

Jan.