[imp] Re: [kronolith] Kronolith and Outlook plugin/connector

Dennis Ortsen mosaic at pinetree.nl
Tue Jul 8 23:49:41 PDT 2003

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the update. I'm very interested in having an Outlook
connector/plugin that can talk to either kronolith or mysql. I'm also pretty
sure there are more people interested in having such a solution. I't's only
a matter of getting the word out probably and people will respond
(hopefully).

You see more and more vendors coming to the market with linux based
email/groupware servers. They have certain plugins available that could
compete with Microsofts Exchange environment. Most of the time those plugins
only work on their linux based server, so it's probably something in C++ in
combination with VB or any other Office extension.

I'm very much interested in having a Outlook plugin/connector that can talk
to kronolith (shared calenders).
Unfortunately I'm not a programmer, but only a small admin that had to learn
things the hard way. I don't think I can help you with programming, but I
would make an excellent test user :-)

The way I see it, is that if the Horde project has a good basic connector to
Outlook that perhaps in the future can be expanded on other Horde apps as
well (like turba, nag), Horde would be the first to have something like
this, a powerful environment and for free :-). That would really boost the
Horde project.

Thanks,

Dennis