[imp] Refreshing an empty mailbox problem (IMP-CVS)

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Wed Oct 1 10:04:13 PDT 2003

Quoting Ahmed <ashihab at alcahest.com>:

| I am using IE (latest updates...etc on win2k pro) but I'm not 100% sure
| whether I've seen this behaviour with Mozilla 1.4 as well.
|
| The problem is the machine I'm using now that seems to work, is also a

The whole deal with the caching bug is that it appears to happen randomly.
You can use IE fine for 6 months and then one day, it starts doing some
really weird caching behavior.  No idea if it is patch-specific or
anything, but not all-IE's show this behavior in my experience, and then it
isn't even consistent behavior on those showing the weirdness.

| confused? I am.
|
| just in case it is the URL caching, is there a work around I can test?

Yes.  If using IE, we should be adding a random string to bare URLs (i.e.
imp/mailbox.php will always have a 'nocache=random_number' parameter added
when using IE).  See Horde_Util::nocacheUrl().

michael