[imp] Interesting Problem

Ryan Burton ryan at 602global.com
Fri Oct 24 21:27:37 PDT 2003

Ok, this is a weird problem and explains all the issues I have been
having since I setup courier/horde.  Would not authenticate sometimes,
kick me back to the login prompt sometimes, not work at all.etc.    I
have three domains setup and it seems that if there is an email address
with 6 characters or less in the e-mail address before the @, it will
cause issues or wont work at all.  If there are 7 characters or more,
everything seems to work fine.  I have tested it by creating new
accounts on all three domains, and the ones with 6 characters or less I
couldn't login to horde, but if its more than 6 characters, seems to be
no issues.  It's not just in IMP; it's also in any e-mail client.  The
logs don't say anything informative.  Anyone understand this at all??
Thank you.

Ryan.