[imp] Blacklist / whitelist queries

Chris Shaffer cat-imp2 at gesserit.net
Mon Dec 1 18:54:49 PST 2003

I'm running Horde 2.2.4, IMP 3.2.2 and Turba 1.2.1 with a MySQL back end on
Debian stable.  I am not using Ingo and don't want to upgrade to HEAD - I want
to wait until IMP 4.0 is released for that.

IMP 3.2.2. has Blacklist and Whitelist links when viwing mailboxes and
individual messages.  I've experimented with these, and as far as I can tell
they don't do anything - new filters aren't created, new records don't appear in
the Horde database - nothing.  The messages aren't deleted, and the addresses
aren't blacklisted - mail continues arriving.

I've just installed TMDA, which is working fine, though I haven't implemented it
on any of my "real" email addresses yet.

What I'd like to do is remove the non-functional blacklist/whitelist links from
IMP and leave that function to TMDA.  I can't find a setting to remove the links
in the IMP config files.  Is this possible?

--
Chris Shaffer

p.s. the Horde lists are horrible for harvesting of email addresses by spammers.
 It only takes a few hours from the first post to the time spam starts hitting
the inbox.  Please reply to the list rather than to me personally, as I will
disable this address immediately following use.