[imp] Insert custom headers and subject to compose window

Lars Bungum lars.bungum at copyleft.no
Sat Jan 17 08:03:06 PST 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-16 at 19:30, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
> Quoting Lars Bungum <lars.bungum at copyleft.no>:
> | I'm going to use IMP as the basis of an IMAP-driven customer relations
> | system (ticketing).  For this I need to insert custom headers, and
> | append a ticket (just a numerical ID) to the subject line of the mails
> | that are sent.  How can I send this as a variable to IMPs compose
> | window?
> You wouldn't want to do this with an option to IMPs compose window, because then
> a user could alter this information.  Instead, put the code into
> imp/compose.php at the point right before the mail is sent.

Michael,

thanks for your advice.  This was exactly the kind of pointer I was
hoping for, as I feared my question was a bit poorly asked. Looks like I
can easily append to the headers (and then subject), and hopefully I can
use compose.php to create a reply to a message coming from another
source than an IMAP-account.  My current challenge.

--lars