[imp] viewing X-Headers in IMP

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Thu Apr 1 11:38:26 PST 2004

Quoting Vijay Mahrra <vijay.mahrra at es.easynet.net>:

> Recently our organisation implemented a SPAM-checking feature which creates a
> specific "X-Header" with a spam score in the email message headers.  To view
> it, the only options avaiable in IMP (CVS) are:
>
> 1) Clicking the link "Headers: Show All Headers".
> 2) Following the "Message Source" link when the message is displayed.
>
> We want to display our specific X-Header and so are prepared to modify IMP
> once again (I wrote the 'hordeauth' patch) to make it possible.  What is the
> best way to go about this?
>
> I am thinking, we could have:
>
> a) Modify (1) above so that it displays "Headers: Show All Headers | Show
> X-Headers"
> b) In "Options/Message Viewing" have a tickbox "View X-Headers"
> c) In "Options/Personal Information" have a text area similar to "Your alias
> addresses, Addresses to explicitly tie to this identity" etc entitled "Your
> Headers" or something similar which lets you type in each "X-Header" you want
> to be able to view for each message.

 From a development/Horde/IMP implementation standpoint, definitely not
a) or b).
  However c) might be an option worth pursuing - allowing a user to
identify the
Headers that they would like to view by default.  So that would appear to be
the best way to tackle this problem (patches would be great!)

Just an implementation note - this should not specifically be tied to
'X-Headers'.  Rather, the user should be allowed to identify *any* header
outside of the "standard" ones displayed (i.e. 'Organization', 'Return-Path')
rather than simply limiting to X-Headers.

michael