[imp] Login failed

Pahlevanzadeh Mohsen m_pahlevanzadeh at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 4 17:52:55 PDT 2004

Hi dear friend.
You told me that i telnet for test of imap server.
I use following command:
#telnet localhost 143
Then i received following text:
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK dovecot ready.
Then i use following line for login:
login myuser mypass
Then i received following line:
LOGIN BAD Error in IMAP command received by server.

Please guide me.....
Yours,Mohsen.
--- Paul Reilly <pareilly at tcd.ie> wrote:

> > > I installed RH9,qmail,Horde,IMP & dovecot-imap.
> > > But when i want to login with my user on my
> machine,I
> > > receievd that Login failed for each reason.
> >
> Before testing with IMP, you should verify your IMAP
> server is working.
> You can easily do this in Linux, by telnet-ing to
> the imap port number
> (port 143) and testing a login as "login <username>
> <password>".
> For example:
>
> $ telnet  www.mydomain.com  143
> Connected to www.mydomain.com
> Escape character is '^]'.
> * OK
> a1  login  fred  secret
> a1 OK LOGIN Ok.
> a2 logout
> a2 OK LOGOUT completed
>

> If you don't get a successful login doing this, then
> the problem is your
> IMAP server authentication. Not Horde/IMP.
>
> Paul

=====
---------DIGITAL  SIGNATURE-------------------
///Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh////////