[imp] 4.0-ALPHA not reading headers and attachments

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Tue Apr 13 11:09:47 PDT 2004

Quoting "Sean D." <mojospam at thegeekclub.net>:

> Michael M Slusarz wrote:
>> Quoting "Sean D." <mojospam at thegeekclub.net>:
>>

>>> heres the problem:
>>> When I view a plain text email I see the complete headers displayed as
>>> the message body (but with no carriage returns) and i dont see any of
>>> the actual message body.
>>

>> Are you using a PHP accelerator?  If so, your temporary files were
>> not correctly
>> deleted the last time Apache terminated.  Clear out these temporary
>> files every
>> time you restart Apache and things should work fine.
>>
>> michael
>>

> it did it again on me and i cleared the cache on the accelerator again
> and fixed it but... any idea how i can prevent this from happening all
> the time?
>
> i dont want to exclude horde from the accelerator as it makes it a LOT
> faster.. but it seems those temp files arent getting taken care of
> properly.. i never had any such issue with the current stable horde/imp
> and the accelerator (and still dont have any issue with it actually) but
> the alpha

Don't know; PHP accelerator works fine here - the only problem comes
when apache
is not shutdown properly which results in the old temporary files not being
removed.  To fix this, I added the following to the start case of
/etc/init.d/httpd (I use Fedora 1):

rm -rf /httpd/tmp/mmcache/*

Other than that, I don't have a problem with the accelerator.  My settings I
believe are the default (php.ini):

zend_extension="/httpd/libexec/mmcache.so"
mmcache.shm_size="16"
mmcache.cache_dir="/httpd/tmp/mmcache"
mmcache.enable="1"
mmcache.optimizer="1"