[imp] How to login?

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri May 7 14:46:41 PDT 2004

Quoting Yves Goergen <nospam.list at unclassified.de>:

> But now I want to use the gollem filemanager, too, and it says, I should
> login to horde as an admin user. I created my username and managed to

Assuming you are using the correct versions of Horde for gollem, then
simply edit horde/config/horde.php or horde/config/conf.php (which ever
you have) and add your login username to the admins arrary as documented
there:

// Which users should be treated as administrators (root, super-user)
// by Horde? Example: $conf['auth']['admins'] = array('admin', 'john');
//$conf['auth']['admins'] = array();

> copy&paste some code from another place in the config/horde.php (this is
> very cumbersome to find and do...) so that I can log in with my
> user/pass. So this works, too. But what then? I am no admin and again, I
> can't find any documentation on how to become one.

You didn't need to do any of that.  Just add your login to the admins
array.

http://www.horde.org/source/using.php

> --
> Yves Goergen <nospam.list at unclassified.de>