[imp] IMP is like Eudora?

Joaquim Homrighausen joho at webbplatsen.se
Thu Jun 24 00:31:30 PDT 2004

  * Quoting Mats Djärf <md at webbplatsen.se> on 2004-06-23:

One of the "problems" with all of this is that the "mail preview" function, as
seen in Outlook-like products, does serve a purpose. I would say that most
users of Outlook-like products read their mail using a split window with the
message list "on top" and the preview at the bottom.

It allows for fast keyboard navigation (using the mouse to handle stuff like
this is a pain, IMHO) and that saves time when you have to go through a lot
of mail.

The same applies to the way the folder selection "window" or "pane" in
Outlook-like products is handled. Sure, the same functionality is in IMP, but
it's a lot more tedious to use.

IMP is by far more capable, but it's hard to "sell" to someone who's happy
with "four doors, an engine and a steering wheel" to make the definition of a
"car".

-Joaquim