[imp] xbody tags not working in HEAD code?

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Jul 20 08:28:04 PDT 2004

I get a bunch of advertising/articles as html-based e-mail messages
which use the dhtml xbody sections to display sub-sections.  The format
is somthing like:

html-tag
 head-tag
 /head-tag
 xbody-tag
  table-start
    html code 1
    html-tag
      head-tag
      /head-tag
      body-tag
        html code 2
      /body-tag
    /html-tag
  /table-end
  html code 3
  /xbody
/html

In older versions of HEAD and RELENG, these displayed "properly" showing
the "html code 1" followed by "html code 2" followed by "html code 3".
In my most recent HEAD checkout, I only see "html code 2" and nothing
else (i.e. I only see stuff in the actual "body" tag and not anything
in the "xbody" tag.

IMP displays a link saying "Click HERE to view HTML content in a separate
window." and if I click there, I see the whole page as "desired".

So the questions are:

* Is anyone else seeing this, or does anyone want me to bounce them a copy of
  on of these messages?
* Is the above message structure/format valid in any real sense?
* Should IMP display/honor xbody requests?

Until this problem, I didn't even know there was such a tag as xbody, so
this is all new and anything-but-exciting stuff to me... ;)

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!