[imp] HELP With Horde, IMP, aso.

Dalibor Malek maillist at zwickl.net
Sat Sep 4 15:30:18 PDT 2004

Hi All,

OK I'm reading the Mailing list for two days now and I’m trying to set
everything up for over a week.
I found many things and tried it out but I’m not getting it to work.
OK this is my case.
I’m running SuSE 9.0 without X.
Apache 2.0.50, MySQL 4.0.20, PHP 5.0.0 & 4.3.8 & PEAR + SQLite 2.8.9 +
multibyte (mbstring) support, Perl 5.8.4, ProFTPD 1.2.9, phpMyAdmin
2.5.7-pl1, OpenSSL 0.9.7d, GD 2.0.1, Freetype 2.1.7, libjpeg 6b, libpng
1.2.2, gdbm 1.8.0, zlib 1.1.4, expat 1.2, Sablotron 1.0, libxml 2.4.26,
Ming 0.2a, Webalizer 2.01, pdf class 009e, ncurses 5.8, mod_perl
1.99_13, FreeTDS 0.60, gettext 0.11.5, IMAP C-Client 2002b, OpenLDAP
(client) 2.1.30, mcrypt 2.5.7, mhash 0.8.18, Turck MMCache 2.4.6, cURL
7.10.7
(I using PHP 4.3.8, I tried PHP 5 but I’m getting to many errors with
Horde(www.apachefriends.org)).

What I want to do is to install Horde, IMP and most of the other horde
Projects to my main Domain. I want to call it on webmail.mydomain.com.
Horde and IMP is installed and running.
I can login but I can’t send a E-Mail and I can’t see my Inbox(don’t get
me wrong I can see the IMP Inbox but not my Inbox, I know I have E-Mails
in my Inbox but I don’t see it with IMP (is it possible that IMP has no
access to /var/spool/mail? (just as Information I have IMP with POP3
running)). The reason why I can’t send E-Mails is simple (but I have no
solution). When I login I have a username and when I want to send a
E-Mail IMP sets my Sender E-mail Address to username at mydomain.com
<mailto:username at mydomain.com> but my E-mail Address is not the same as
my Username so sendmail reject it. (is it possible that IMP has no
access to /etc/mail, to the virtusertable).

The second is I would like to setup Horde, IMP and all other projects so
that every domain on the server can get the E-Mails over
webmail.mydomain.com. I have Apache with 5 virtual hosts and getting
more and I would like that everybody can get their E-Mails over the main
Domain, without selecting their domain.
The user is logging in:
User
Pass
IMP knows ok, this user is from the domain user.com and when the user is
sending E-Mail he has the right Domain set automatically.

I mean I have no problem with that if I have to add something to the
configuration of IMP (like the virtualhost entry in the httpd.conf. I
also have no problem if I have to set it up that the user has his own
webmail.user.com as long a I don’t have to install horde, IMP aso. for
every domain.

I tried almost everything I found in the list but nothing worked.

Can someone help me.

OK, just as information I’m no newbie but I’m also no pro, I’m in the
middle, I ca a few things but not everything.

P.S. Is it possible to set to have on user on IMAP and POP3?
I would like to use IMAP with IMP but to use POP3 when I’m getting my
E-Mail to my mozilla. Can I do something like the with Cyrus? As I found
out it’s not very easy to install and configure this server.