[imp] imap folders

Rob Ristroph rgr at sdf.lonestar.org
Mon Sep 6 13:49:55 PDT 2004

I am using the latest horde and imp.

When I go to create a new folder, I get the message:

The folder "test" was not created. This is what the server said: Invalid mailbox name

My servers configuration looks like this:

$servers['imap'] = array(
    'name' => 'IMAP Server',
    'server' => 'mail.americandiamond.com',
    'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
    'port' => 143,
//    'folders' => 'mail/',
    'folders' => 'Maildir/',
    'namespace' => '',
    'maildomain' => 'americandiamond.com',
    'smtphost' => 'mail.americandiamond.com',
    'realm' => 'americandiamond.com',
    'preferred' => ''
);

I am using qmail and courier-imap which keeps the mail in an IMAP
format in ~/Maildir/ .

I discovered this because a user on the machine complained that sent
mail was not accessible in a sent-mail folder.  In the process of
trying to figure that out, I have just upgraded to the latest horde
and imp, and I changed the "folders" part of the servers setup to be
'Maildir/' instead of 'mail'.

I have noticed that problems with the sent-mail folder not existing
show up in the mailing archives from time to time, but I saw no clear
answer.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what to try to fix this or get
more information ?

Thanks in advance,

--Rob