[imp] compose with attachment/s sized 800kb+

kendyl peebles kendylpeebles at clancytheys.com
Mon Nov 1 06:15:56 PST 2004

Greetings,

I've noticed that when I attach a file or files with a total size past a
certain point, the complete and close functionality of the compose popup
begins to behave poorly...

In my testing, I can send an e-mail with attachments totaling ~650kb
with no problem...  once attachments reach ~800kb, the compose popup
will blank to white, and not go away...  when this happens, after
manually closing, subsequent compose windows will not start correctly
until logout and login. Once attachment size reaches ~1.2mb the compose
popup will display a "Page not found" error... after a manual close,
things go fine. By the way, the e-mails in the previously mentioned
tests, reach thier destination/s correctly. (until the 'real' specified
attachment max size is reached.)

php.ini has been set up to allow 8mb sized attachements, I've increased
the LimitRequestBody size in /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf to 9mb. and
still no difference.

any suggestions as to why this is happening and where else to look for a
fix?

Thanks
Kendyl Peebles
IT/IS Manager