[imp] IMP using LDAP backend for authentication and preferences

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Feb 3 07:30:40 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 08:08 -0600, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> > Also - and this has to be because it's not patently obvious to me, I
> > would love NOT having to log in once for horde (via LDAP) and then again
> > for mail (IMAP)  My initial thought was to grep ldap imp/config/* but
> > that returned as much the notion in my head to make it work as a single
> > log in.
>
> Hm, still playing with my Horde/IMP install, and haven't fully finished
> all configuration, but it should be possible to use IMP's authentication
> for Horde, so you type password only once (your IMAP password).  See
> imp/docs/INSTALL, "Configuring IMP", section 1.b.

---
I have done it that way in the past and that's not a problem. I
definitely see the value of using IMAP authentication for IMP because of
cyrus and quota's etc.

I'm not certain that I need to have cyrus IMAP authenticate everyone for
all applications but that may need to be the case. It's something that
I'm playing with because of my new use of cyrus-imapd and elevation of
using LDAP and of course, the new version of horde/imp etc.

Craig