[imp] hardening imp against spammers

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Wed Jun 29 19:47:39 PDT 2005

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Jon Lewis wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Jan Schneider wrote:
>
> > > /* impose limit on number of recipients */
> > >     if (substr_count($recips,"@") > $conf['user']['max_recipients']) {
> > >       Horde::raiseMessage(_("Too many recipients.  Try again with
> > > fewer."), HORDE_ERROR);
> > >       $get_sig = false;
> > >       break;
> > >     }
> > > /* end impose limit on number of recipients */
> >
> > Beside that it's for a very special problem (that I currently have at a
> > customer's site too, btw), no.

Ok...I think I did misinterpret this and thought you meant "no, it
shouldn't be accepted" when you really meant "no, there's no reason not to
incorporate this feature even though it's only needed in special cases."

Are you dealing with the same problem at that customer's site?

Maybe I'll be a little swifter on the uptake after actually sleeping
tonight.

I'm a little bummed that thus far, the only hits I've gotten on the dnsbl
code appear to be legitimate customers on remote IPs that either are or
recently were systems infected with spam proxies.