[imp] Multipart/MIME with RFC822 parts not getting attached on forward.

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Apr 13 12:01:52 PDT 2006

Quoting Adrian Chung <adrian-imp at enfusion-group.com>:

> On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 01:45:04PM -0400, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
>> Quoting Adrian Chung <adrian-imp at enfusion-group.com>:
>>
>> >With both 4.1 and 4.1.1, when forwarding a message that contains
>> >rfc822 attachments (multipart/MIME), the rfc822 parts don't get
>> >attached, inlined, or included in the original message body on a
>> >forward.
>> >
>> >Is this intended behaviour?
>>
>> Possibly not, and possibly related to
>> http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/?id=3381
>
> May be related, doesn't quite look the same though as it looks like
> this particular bug dealth with text/html ending up attached, and
> text/plain ending up in the editable text window.
>
> For some reason, in my case, the text/plain rfc822 part just gets
> dropped, doesn't appear anywhere.
>
>> From what I can tell it's because the MIME multipart boundary has a
> '.' in it, and the logic in the getDownloadAllList() function for
> $forward == true only attaches the original part if it doesn't contain
> a period.

Are you sure?  Works fine for me.  Be aware that you are not going to
see anything other than a single message/rfc822 part when forwarding
because all we do is forward the entire original message, unaltered,
as a single part.  So if the forwarded message has X number of MIME
Parts, you won't see any of those MIME parts (since they are embedded
in the message/rfc822 part).

now that i am thinking about this, this may only be true in HEAD.
However, Bug 3381 is still relevant.

michael