[imp] sendmail error code 127

Vince LaMonica vjl at cullasaja.com
Thu Sep 28 23:44:51 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm getting an error code 127 when attempting to send e.mail via IMP. I
found this:

http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20060607.103908.659dd8f2.en.html

but setting SMTP in this case is not doable, as I use smtp auth. Normally
using smtp auth requires the userid/passwd for each users, but the
setup/config is a system-wide setting in Horde, and not a per user
setting, so I can't put the userid/passwd of each user in a setting which
is a global setting. I hope that made some sense.

Basically, I'd like to know if there's some way to set smtp auth using the
creditials that one logs in with. I'm using IMP with IMAP [i have not yet
set Horde to authenticate against IMP, but i plan on that].

Postfix is my smtpd, configured with a purchased SSL cert for TLS. I'm
using Horde 3.12, IMP 4.1.2, Turba 2.12, Gollem 1.0.2, Kronolith 2.1.2.

My Horde test.php reports "No support" for Iconv, Mbstring, mime_magic,
PostgreSQL, and Mcrypt [that last one is a killer - apache stays at 99%
when trying to login as myself; thankfully i have test users with very
little mail to test IMP out on :) ].

Any ideas on how to assign SMTP auth on a per user basis?

TIA,

/vjl/

--
Vince J. LaMonica       Knowledge is knowing a street is one way.
vjl at cullasaja.com  <*>  Wisdom is still looking in both directions.

       When there's nothing else to read: http://w3log.vjl.org/