[imp] Increase in mail size.

Anant Athavale asa at isac.gov.in
Fri Dec 8 21:31:38 PST 2006

Dear List:

I received an e-mail having inline attachment.  ie. it has images+html
message etc and has no attachments as such.  Everything is part of
message body.

It is displayed like this in the mail.

2  	unnamed  	[multipart/related]  	1,339.13 KB

And it gets displayed also, as we have enabled inline message view.

But, when I forward this mail to another user, the user gets a mail
double the size of this mail.  But, contents remain the same.  This
does not stop here, again when the recipient forwards again, the mail
size gets added by 1,339.13 KB.  The users unknowingly keep forwarding
and find their INBOX are getting filled up.

We are using all stable versions of H3.

How do I resolve this?

Regards,

Anant.