[imp] imapd Command stream EOF errors on large attachments

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Jan 31 05:27:13 PST 2007

Zitat von Brett Charbeneau <brett at wrl.org>:

> Greetings all!
>
> 	I'd be grateful for any hints or help anyone can find time to offer!
> I've scoured the list archives, WiKi and FAQ and tried all the
> attachment suggestions and had no joy.
>
> SPECIFICS:
>
> 	Kernel: 2.6.8-3 (Debian 3.1); Athlon 1150 w/ 1 GB of RAM
> 	Horde: 3.0.4; Imp: 4.0.2; PHP Version: 4.3.10-18
> 	Mail server: uw-imapd: IMAP4rev1 2003.339; Sendmail: 8.13.4
>

> PROBLEM: When attaching files in excess of 2.5 MB (but well under 60
> MB), the attaching process goes well but when the user clicks "Send"
> the compose window goes blank and an imapd error registers on mail
> server:

See
http://wiki.horde.org/FAQ/Admin/Troubleshoot?referrer=FAQ%2FAdmin#toc4. You
will probably find a better error message in your apache/php logs.

> "Command stream end of file, while reading line user=jdoe
> host=webmail.server.org"
>
> 	I'm using uw-imapd on the mail server and the sendmail limit on
> attachments coming and going are set to 60MB with these directives
> in sendmail.mc:
>
> 	define(`confMAX_MESSAGE_SIZE',60000000)dnl
> 	define(`SMTP_MAILER_MAX',`60000000')dnl

This doesn't have anything to do with postfix, because it's your imap
server that complains. I guess this happens when saving the message in
the sent-mail folder.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/