[imp] Universal Time problem

Otto Stolz Otto.Stolz at uni-konstanz.de
Thu Aug 9 08:14:48 UTC 2007

Hello Volker Then,

you wrote:
> Some messages in the inbox view
> show a date of 1. Jan 1970, nevertheless messages are sorted correctly
> by date. I can see
> no problem with the messages' headers:
>
> Date: 08 Aug 2007 12:27:42 UT

According to RFC 2822, Section 3.3
<http://rfc-ref.org/RFC-TEXTS/2822/chapter3.html#sub3>,
the time zone is an obsolete format. In current format,
that date would read:
   Wed, 08 Aug 2007 12:27:42 +0200

RFC 2822, Section 4, says:
> Though some of these syntactic forms MUST NOT be generated according
> to the grammar in section 3, they MUST be accepted and parsed by a con-
> formant receiver.

Hence, I deem it a bug if Imp does not correctly interprete that date.
If you can reproduce that bug with two messages only differing
in the date format (and the message-id, of course), you should
file a bug report.

Best wishes,
   Otto Stolz