[imp] Sidebar folder list and missing folders

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Fri Aug 10 07:08:44 UTC 2007

Quoting Jon Robertson <jonrober at stanford.edu>:

> I'm trying to support a user on our local install of Horde who's not
> having all of his folders appear on his sidebar.  One of his subfolders
> has its own subfolders, which aren't appearing.  However, other
> subfolders do have *their* subfolders appear.
>
> In other words, he has a layout like:
> INBOX
> INBOX.Personal
> INBOX.Personal.moo
> INBOX.Personal.baa
> INBOX.Work
> INBOX.Work.woof
> INBOX.Work.meow
>
> He can see his inbox, his Personal folder and its moo and baa
> subfolders, and his Work folder.. but no subfolders of Work are shown in
> the sidebar.  At the same time, the droplist of folders at the right of
> the toolbar does show every folder, and he can get to the Work.woof via
> the entry in that droplist.  Said user has subscriptions turned off and
> an empty subscription file on the server.
>
> I spent a bit trying to debug what was going on, printing out state in
> lib/Horde/IMAP/Tree.php as it created the menu.  What looks to be
> happening is that the Work mailbox is not being show as having children.
>   With the following code (from Tree.php, with echo statements
> included), I get the following output for the folder in question.
>
> =========
> echo "Check haschildren: " . $elt['v'] . "<br>";
>          if (!$is_ns) {
> echo "A: " . $elt['a']. "<br>";
>
>              /* Not all IMAP servers support the HASCHILDREN flag (like
> UW!) so
>               * we need to skip this check if the IMAP server doesn't set
>               * either HASCHILDREN or HASNOCHILDREN. */
>              if (!empty($this->_childrensupport) ||
>                  (is_null($this->_childrensupport) &&
>                   ($elt['a'] & LATT_HASCHILDREN) ||
>                   ($elt['a'] & LATT_HASNOCHILDREN))) {
>                  $ret = ($elt['a'] & LATT_HASCHILDREN);
>
> echo "Ret: $ret<br>";
> ==========
> Check haschildren: INBOX.Work
> A: 576
> Ret: 0
> ==========
>
> I could press in more on my own, but finally admitting that I could use
> a bit of help.  Any ideas what might be going on here that makes the
> folder seem to have no children to the sidebar, but shows the correct
> layout in the droplist of folders?  I found a pair of older issues in
> the list that had similarities, but never a solid solution.
>
> Using Horde 3.1.4, IMP 4.1.4, against a Cyrus IMAP server (2.3.7).

Looks like for whatever reason, your IMAP server is sending incorrect
information about the children of that folder.  You can debug easier
by logging onto the IMAP server as that user and issuing a

LIST "" "INBOX.Work"

command and see what the server returns.  It should return something
like this:

* LIST (\HasChildren) "." "INBOX.Work"

michael