[imp] problem renaming MIX format folders (UW-IMAP)

Peter Ip ip at ariel.utcc.utoronto.ca
Mon Oct 1 20:17:26 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm using IMP 4.1.4, Horde 3.1.4 with UW-IMAP. There's a problem with
renaming the new MIX format folders, especially the sent-mail folder done
automatically by the maintenance.

Instead of being files the way unix format or MBX format folders are
in UW-IMAP, MIX format folders are actually UNIX directories with .mix*
files inside. MIX format folders can contain other folders (unlike UNIX or
MBX folders), so that may explain what IMP is trying to do.

IMP runs:

Rename sent/ sent-sep-2007/
Rename sent sent-sep-2007

the first rename succeeds and the second fails.

I can't figure out why the first rename happens at all. It seems to be
coming from code trying to rename subfolders inside the sent folder. But
there aren't any in this case.

This is especially troublesome with the automatic maintenance rolling the
sent-mail folders because it leaves the user with no sent-mail folder.

Peter
Peter Ip, PhD
Computing and Network Services, University of Toronto
email: peter.ip at utoronto.ca