[imp] imp 4.2, dimp 1.0, uw-imap and INBOX

Laurent Moineau Laurent.Moineau at math-info.univ-paris5.fr
Fri Jun 13 11:02:09 UTC 2008

Hi,
I'm trying to upgrade from Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 1.0.6 to 1.1.

I'm running php 5.2.6 and uw-imap 2007 and everything works as expected
in 1.0.6.

Problem : in 1.1, new mails don't show up in dimp and only show up in
imp after the login but not during the session.

My imap config is rather peculiar :

Content of /etc/c-client.cf :

#I accept the risk of using UW-IMAP
#set mail-subdirectory mail
#set restrict-mailbox-access all

Content of imp/config/servers.php :

'folders' => 'mail/',
'mail/' => array(
                 'name' => 'mail/',
                 'delimiter' => '/',
                 'type' => 'personal',
                 'hidden' => false,
             ),

All my users have a mbox link in their HOMEDIR that points to
$HOME/mail/INBOX.

In 1.0.6 (it works too with squirrelmail & thunderbird), new mails are
automatically transferred from /var/spool/mail/test to $HOME/mail/INBOX
after an imap request. With this uw-imap feature enabled, nearly all of
my users emails are kept in their homedir : I've not huge inboxes in
/var/spool/mail. It no longer works in imp 4.2 & dimp 1.0 :

1 - IMP

When the user test logs in, mail is transferred from
/var/spool/mail/test to $HOME/test/mbox => new message appears in
$HOME/mail/INBOX.

log :

Jun 12 15:42:43 myserver imapd[10697]: Moved 1075 bytes of new mail to
/users/test/mbox from /var/spool/mail/test host= localhost.localdomain
[127.0.0.1]

Every 5 minutes, imap checks for new mail but no transfer happens :

Jun 12 15:47:44 mytest imapd[11221]: Authenticated user=test
host=localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1] mech=PLAIN
Jun 12 15:47:45 mytest imapd[11221]: Logout user=test
host=localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1]

If use_trash is set to 0, new mails are correctly transferred from
/var/spool/mail/test when the users clicks on "empty trash" link
(expunge_mailbox). If set to 1, the message deleted is transferred to
trash but new mails don't show up.

The only way to get new mails is to press the F5 key.

2 - DIMP

New mails are never transferred from /var/spool/mail/test after login.
When the user clicks on "empty trash" menu item, logs out et logs in
again, new mails show up.

When the user clicks on "check for new mail" icon, nothing happens.

As in imp, the only way to get new mails is to press the F5 key.

No impact if I set cache_folders & use_mlistcache to false.

I applied the patches listed in :

http://lists.horde.org/archives/cvs/Week-of-Mon-20080526/079072.html

in order to get the drag & drop feature without pressing the F5 key.

I known my configuration is quite out of date but it had worked
beautifully so far. Anyone to help ?

Laurent Moineau
System Administrator
Université Paris Descartes