[imp] question about IMP 5

Kevin Hanser imp-ml at hanser.org
Wed Mar 10 02:22:32 UTC 2010

Hello everyone!  I have a question about IMP 5;  I've looked on the
website and searched the mailing lists, but I can't seem to find the
answer I'm looking for.

I was on the site today checking things out and I noticed that a new
version of IMP with AJAX-ish interface is under development.  I was
wondering if there's instructions on the easiest way to download and
install this version (IMP 5).  According to the roadmap page, it looks
like the only thing still under development is "Allow direct access to
remote accounts", which isn't a feature I need anyway.  So based on
this, should I be able to install and use IMP 5 today?

If so, what's the easiest way to obtain a copy?  I found the git
instructions page, but I'm not sure what modules / pieces I would need
to get it up and running.  (ie, what horde version is needed, etc)

Also, would my current settings (like notes from nag, contacts from
turba, etc) transfer over to Horde 4 / IMP 5?

If this has been asked before or if there's a web page that explains
this, just point me in the right direction!  I searched what I could
find but haven't found my answer yet so I thought I'd ask :)

Thanx!