[imp] RTL language entry in HTML editor

Liam Hoekenga liamr at umich.edu
Thu Aug 26 18:07:05 UTC 2010

>> I know that if you switch the interface language to hebrew (or
>> another RTL language), that the interface changes, and displays the
>> UI text from right to left.
>
> The answer is probably somewhere in here:
>
> http://docs.cksource.com/
>
> H3 uses fckeditor v2; H4 uses ckeditor v3.  If you could share what
> you learn, that would be great.

There's a setting in the configuration file that effects the direction
of text flow, but it's global...

http://docs.cksource.com/FCKeditor_2.x/Developers_Guide/Configuration/Configuration_Options/ContentLangDirection

I poked around some more, and found that someone had written a plug-in
for fckeditor 2.x that allows you to change this through UI.  It's
available from...

   http://www.dnastudio.co.il/FCKEditor.RTL.Support.aspx

I had to turn it on in horde/services/editor/fckeditor/src, and then
add the buttons for it in horde/imp/config/prefs.php, but it seems to
work.

re: ckeditor 3.x, it appears that it may support altering the
direction of text natively.  In the description of the toolbar in the
devloper's guide, I see mention of "BidiLtr" and "BidiRtl"
(bi-directional).

Liam