[imp] WSOD after upgrading IMP to 4.3.8

Sebastian Feltel feltel at rahn-schulen.de
Wed Sep 29 08:20:37 UTC 2010

Hello,
I´ve upgraded our Webmail installation yesterday to HORDE 3.3.9 and IMP 4.3.8.
I used the published patch files which where applied without any error.

Now I´ve the effect that users with underscores in their usernames receive a white
page after login but users with "old" usernames without any special character can
use webmail as before the upgrade happens. I´ve activated logging but nothing got
Logged when a "special char" user logs in. PHP logging doesn´t log anything of interest.

The log settings are as follows:

$conf['log']['priority'] = PEAR_LOG_INFO;
$conf['log']['ident'] = 'HORDE';
$conf['log']['params'] = array();
$conf['log']['name'] = '/srv/www/webmail.XXXXX/logs/horde.log';
$conf['log']['params']['append'] = true;
$conf['log']['type'] = 'file';
$conf['log']['enabled'] = true;
$conf['log_accesskeys'] = false;

Downgrading to IMP 4.3.7 "solves" the problem.

My system is a Debian GNU/Linux Squeeze with PHP 5.3.2 on top of Apache 2.2.16. The
mail backend consists of Postfix and Courier IMAP.

Is there someone else with this problem?

Bye
Sebastian

BTW: Sorry for the probably wrong line endings in this mail as I´m forced to
use Outlook @work.