[imp] imp Digest, Vol 2664, Issue 1

Jochen Roderburg Roderburg at Uni-Koeln.DE
Thu Oct 14 09:34:26 UTC 2010

Zitat von Lou Barry <barrylou88 at gmail.com>:

> 1.
> Under Administration -> permissions
> I click on +key
>
> 2.
> Brings up
> Add a child permission to "All Permissions"
> I select mail imp then add
> It says "Mail (imp)" was added to the permissions system.
>
> 3.
> So i go back to
> Administration -> permissions
> No additional options seen

3 is wrong, you have to go to the "Mail (imp)" line and klick on the
+ button (add child permission) to see the possible imp permissions.

And another experience that I had: when you use this permission
system, you have to add also some general permissions for imp, because
the built-in defaults are no longer active: I have set "Show" and
"Read" for "all authenticated users". Otherwise nobody could use the
IMP module at all.

Regards,
Jochen Roderburg