[imp] How to generate load using imp

Piotr Legiecki piotrlg at pum.edu.pl
Tue Feb 8 14:30:26 UTC 2011

Jan Schneider pisze:

>> I know, here is my previous post:
>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.horde.imp/27990
>>
>> The point is that the solution is not working ;-( So I'd like to know
>> why and to do this I need testing environment. And that is why I need
>> to generate the load just like the people using imp.
>
> JMeter is a pretty nifty tool for that.

Hm, does this tool is able to simulate user behavior who reads the lists
using imp (imp/servers.php imap specific settings like those problematic
namespaces etc)? Never used this so wondering...

Jmeter tests apache, but my IMAP server is on another machine. Is this
testing environment suitable for jmeter?

P.