[imp] Problems with virtual hosts configuration and making IMP's directory root

Thibault PASSERON thibault.passeron at free.fr
Mon Apr 25 00:18:15 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

Some information about my configuration :
Server running Fedora 14, Apache 2.2, PHP 5.3.6, MySQL 5.5.11

I have set up a horde 4 installation in the following directory :
/var/www/html/secure/domain1 (meaning that i don't have a horde directory, every app is located into this directory, e.g. imp is in /var/www/html/secure/domain1/imp)

This directory is currently the DocumentRoot of the virtual host horde.domain1.org

I want to serve IMP to others virtual hosts, and make IMP accessible directly through the following addresses :

http://webmail.domain2.org/
http://webmail.domain3.org/, and so on

The main horde installation is configured to let users authenticate through IMP.

I have already tried the following config :

Alias /horde/ /var/www/html/secure/domain1
DocumentRoot /var/www/html/secure/domain1/imp

/var/www/html/secure/domain1/config/registry-web.domain2.org.php :

$this->applications = array(
[...]
    'imp' => array(
    [...]
        'fileroot' => dirname(__FILE__) . '/../imp',
        'webroot' => '',

But, when I try to connect to http://webmail.domain2.org/, I only got a page that says loading...

The virtual host error log shows the following lines :

File does not exist: /var/www/html/secure/domain1/imp/js/effects.js
File does not exist: /var/www/html/secure/domain1/imp/js/prototype.js
File does not exist: /var/www/html/secure/domain1/imp/js/horde.js
File does not exist: /var/www/html/secure/domain1/imp/js/growler.js
File does not exist: /var/www/html/secure/domain1/imp/js/contextsensitive.js
File does not exist: /var/www/html/secure/domain1/imp/js/dragdrop2.js
File does not exist: /var/www/html/secure/domain1/imp/js/effects.js
File does not exist: /var/www/html/secure/domain1/imp/js/popup.js

I figure that IMP is trying to get some scripts from /var/www/html/secure/domain1/js but I can't figure out a way to make this work.

Feel free to ask for anything that seems relevant.

Thank you very much for your insights.