[imp] adding realm in IMP5

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Wed Aug 8 19:23:03 UTC 2012

On Wed, 8 Aug 2012, Michael M Slusarz wrote:

> Quoting Andrew Morgan <morgan at orst.edu>:
>
>> Is there a recommended way to replicate/replace the old "realm" parameter
>> in IMP5?  I have 2 issues I am trying to solve:
>>
>> 1. I have 8 different IMAP servers.  2 of them are different IMAP servers,
>> but I want to share user preferences between them (we are migrating slowly
>> over time from an old IMAP server to a new IMAP server)
>>
>> 2. Username is not unique between all 8 IMAP servers, so in the preferences
>> backend (MySQL) I need to have a realm/domain appended to the username.
>> For example, pref_uid should contain "morgan at orst.edu" instead of "morgan".
>>
>> In IMP4, I used the realm parameter to accomplish both goals.  I have been
>> reading the backends.php and hooks.php files, but I don't see how to get a
>> realm/domain appended to the pref_uid.
>
> Preferences are stored by the current Horde username.  This can be altered
> from the authentication username by using the 'authusername' hook.

Is the 'authusername' hook only in Horde or is it available in IMP as
well?

How can I determine which IMAP server the user selected from within the
'authusername' hook?  Does $credentials['server'] contain it?  Once I have
the server, can I access the backends.local.php $server['foo'] values?

Thanks,
 	Andy