[imp] attachments not showing

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Oct 18 06:49:25 UTC 2012

Quoting Martin Kleinschmidt <mk at theochem.uni-duesseldorf.de>:

> I have problems with attachments not showing up (see attached tmp1.gz).
> I can see the attachments correctly in pine and mutt, but they do not
> show up in imp (tried traditional and dynamic view).o
>
> any ideas?

Because there IS no attachment in that message.  Apple mail is broken
broken broken.  Unless you terribly break RFCs (which we will not),
this email message is broken.

If you want to see all parts, use Show All Parts.  But per the rules
of email parsing there is no attachment in this message.  Yell at
Apple for sucking at trying to follow standards.

michael