[imp] Post-authentication hook is ignored (Horde 5.0.19)

Thu Jan 17 15:02:19 UTC 2013

On 01/17/2013 01:43 PM, Jan Schneider wrote:

[...]
> This is NOT a recent hooks.php.dist from Horde. Version 5.0.19 doesn't
> even exist by the way. It reads:
>
>    * postauthenticate
>    * ----------------
>    * This hook is used to dynamically alter the login credentials after
>    * authentication occurs.
>    *
>    * It is only called in Horde applications responsible for authentication.
>    *
>    * It is only called ONCE per session.

preauthticate has the same comment:

http://git.horde.org/co.php/horde/config/hooks.php.dist?rt=horde-git&r=df58e64aed4f1b600748fe3452d0363a753ba949

* preauthenticate
* ---------------
* This hook is used to dynamically alter the login credentials before
* authentication occurs.
*
* It is only called in Horde applications responsible for authentication.
*
* It is only called ONCE per session.

however, all else being equal, this works (PREAUTH):

public function preauthenticate($userId, $credentials)
{
     return false;
}
and this other does not (POSTAUTH):

public function postauthenticate($userId, $credentials)
{
     return false;
}

why?
I'm using IMP imap authentication for user validation.