[imp] failing message move marks original message as "deleted"

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Oct 10 21:42:45 UTC 2013

Quoting "Jens-U. Mozdzen" <jmozdzen at nde.ag>:

> Hi,
>
> using Horde IMP 6.1.3 dynamic view, I moved a message to another
> user's folder. At least I tried - missing the posting permission for
> that folder, the move failed with an according red message box.
>
> But I noticed that the original message was marked as deleted -
> although my account is set to "move to trash" ;)

This is correct.  A move operation in IMAP (at least until VERY
recently) is actually a COPY-STORE (Deleted flag)-EXPUNGE operation.

> Refreshing the folder doesn't reset the displayed "deleted" flag,
> neither does switching the folders.
>
> When I open the folder in a new browser window/tab, the message is
> without the deleted flag - IOW, this is a problem local to the UI.

Yes, this is correct.  To reduce latency, a message is immediately
marked as deleted on the browser before the request is ever sent to
the server.

Probably need a method to reset the flag on error to ensure the
browser state is the same as the server state.

michael