[imp] Viewable attachment in compose view/Content-Disposition

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Mar 31 17:13:35 UTC 2014

Please keep replies on the list.

Quoting Jasper Olbrich <jasper.olbrich at students.uni-marburg.de>:

> Am 31.03.2014 05:24, schrieb Michael M Slusarz:
>> Quoting Jasper Olbrich <Jasper.Olbrich at students.uni-marburg.de>:
>>
>>> 1: Where can I find the code that decides which attachments are
>>> hyperlinked after uploading and which are not? What is the rationale
>>> for the current behavior?
>>
>> mime_drivers.php.  A link will only exist if a MIME viewer is present
>> for the MIME type of that attachment.  (It is possible that the browser
>> has provided no indication of the MIME type, and the MIME magic code
>> can't auto-determine, in which case the attachment will not be viewable).
>
> Thanks for the reply,
> am I getting this right, IMP will create a link if and only if it
> thinks that it is able to create something that is directly viewable
> in the (target?) browser? Because on my current setup (Ubuntu 13.10,
> Firefox 27.0.1) I get
> a) an exception for mp3 files (A fatal error has occurred; Could not
> display attachment data.)

Works for me (my browser has a media player plugin installed, so that
is what is "displaying" the data when I click on the link).

> b) corrupted display for ods files (page source starts with
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <office:document-content
> xmlns:office="urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:office:1.0"
> )

Works for me also.

>>> 2: If I click on the link to a viewable attachment, it is sent with
>>
>> I can't reproduce this.  At least with an image attachment.
>
> With "unexpected behavior" I was referring to the fact that
> I get:
> Content-Disposition:	inline; filename="image.jpeg"

I can't reproduce then.  If viewing the message after attaching, and
then send, I see:

I am using IMP 6.2, so maybe these were all issues that were fixed
since IMP 6.1.  Although I have no recollection of any of these being
problems, so that's not very likely.

michael