[imp] Forward modes

Luis Felipe Marzagao lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 12:21:06 UTC 2014

Em 16-04-2014 17:30, Ruben Squartini escreveu:
> Hi Michael!
>
> Trying different ways to give our users some ways to deal with what they
> intend to do, we found that there is no way to forward as other mail
> client
> do, let me explain it...
>
> On several mail clients, when you choose to forward a mail, the body
> is set
> between markers, together with some headers, and the original attachments
> are set as attachments of the new message.
>
> In Horde you can choose only to use the body of the forwarded mail
> (with no
> attachments), set the whole mail as attachment (including body and
> attachments) or to "Edit as New", what uses the original body with no
> markers at all as the new body (and set original attachemnts as
> attachemnts
> of the new message).
>
> It is very complex to add an option to forward mails in the first
> explained
> way, as others do?

This has been discussed several times in the lists. By desing Horde does
not allow forwarding emails the way you described. Please, search the
mail lists.

The only way to achieve a similar result is to click reply in order to
obtain the message headers and body between markers, copy the presented
text, close the window, and then click "Edit as new" on the same
original message, in order to obtain a new msg with the attachments, and
then paste the previously copied text. It's a lot of manual work...

Or you could alter the source code to include message headers when
clicking "Edit as New". This way "Edit as New" would do the same as the
"traditional" forward action you are expecting. If you do patch the
code, you could share it in the list.